Seeking God's Glory, Centered in His Word, Furthering His Kingdom
SEEKING GOD'S GLORY
CENTERED IN HIS WORD
FURTHERING HIS KINGDOM
1. There is one God, Creator of all, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
2. That Jesus Christ is the true God and true man,conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He died on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins, rose bodily from the dead and ascended into heaven, where at the right hand of God, He is our High Priest and Advocate.
3. That the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify Christ, convicting men, regenerating the believing sinner, indwelling, guiding, and empowering the believer for Godly living and service.
4. That the new Birth (Salvation) and the Baptism of the Holy Spirit is the same experience.
5. All believers have been baptized into Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit making one unified body; because of this we do not teach a second definite work of grace.
6. The Bible is the inspired Word of God, without error in the original, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men, and the final authority for all Christian faith and life.
7. That man, created in the image of God, fell into sin and is therefore lost. Only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
8. That the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for redemption, and only those who receive Christ are born of the Holy Spirit, and are the children of God.
9. That the Lord’s Supper and water Baptism are ordinances to be observed by the Church. They are, however not to be regarded as a means of Salvation.
10. That the true Church is composed of all who have been regenerated by saving faith and are united as the body of Christ of which He is the head.
11. In bodily resurrection of the dead; of the believer to eternal joy with the Lord, of the unbeliever to judgement and everlasting punishment.
Our Understanding of Human Sexuality
Although membership is not specifically stated in the Bible, the New Testament presupposes the validity of Christians committed to a local body of believers.
We see the early church being devoted to the apostles’ teaching, to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer (Acts 2:42-47). The believers were also unified in their beliefs, worship, and purposes and generous in meeting the needs of others. The local church became the place for spiritual growth, encouragement, support and safety within their local community.
It is our desire that Ocean View be that place for you as we live out together this New Testament activity and spirit.
If you are interested in membership, please download our "Membership Packet", fill out and submit it to our church office.